BE ADVENTUROUS. BE BRAVE. BE BOLD.
Weekends are perfect to get courageous in the kitchen with your family. Even if you never see yourself as a kitchen person. Explore a new recipe with ingredients you’ve never used! For the carrot & walnut cake below, your kids can get busy with chopping the walnuts and grating the carrot. Not to mention the weighing and mixing! It’s the yummiest carrot & walnut cake I know.
CARROT CAKE WITH WALNUT
338g carrots, finely grated
½ cup castor sugar
½ cup brown sugar
1 cup vegetable oil
2 cups self-raising flour
1 tsp salt
2 tsp cinnamon powder
½ tsp nutmeg powder
½ cup walnuts, chopped
- Beat brown sugar, castor sugar and oil until well-blended.
- Add eggs, one at a time, until well-mixed.
- Add flour and the rest of the ingredients, except grated carrot and walnuts. Mix well.
- Use a ladle to add the grated carrot and chopped walnuts.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 180 degrees Celsius until cooked.
P/S. If you don’t like walnuts, just stick to carrots.